the[new]trent

I believe that I can change the world...get ready.




Munich: although, not feel-good movie -- it was good


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Spielberg's latest film, Munich, was heart wrenching and dark -- but it was moving and felt accurate and true to heart. Despite the young spoiled, rich snobs sitting directly behind me calling for it to be over by it's 120 minute mark, the film went on and for good reason. The film wasn't trying to be the typical terrorists are born bad routine--and despite its vivid violence, it wasn't unnecessary or even as destructive as what actually happened.

I believe the film has merit beyond its current recognition and criticism. I believe that Munich, like Syriana and a few other jewels, strives to remind us that there is a global war going on and it's not in Iraq. It's in the "hearts and minds" of millions of people who are struggling in many respects. I don't subscribe to the "America is bad philosophy," but I do believe there are things we (and our allies, perhaps like Israel) have done and are doing that prevent others around the globe from truly understanding all of the good things we can do.

I hope everyone goes and sees this film (along with Syriana) and begins to think about what does our nation do in our world. How much control do we have over our own influence? Do we see ourselves the same way others do, and why?

Have we become the nation we truly want to be, or have we stooped to the tactics and character of our greatest enemies and fears.


0 Responses to “Munich: although, not feel-good movie -- it was good”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Trent Bigelow
  • From Los Angeles, California
  • I'm a sophomore at the University of Southern California. That makes me a trojan...but that's only the beginning. For as long as I can remember I've always worked on "projects" besides studies. Without giving anything away about what I'm working on now...all I can say is...this idea's time has come.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

My Top Artists This Week

  • trentbigelow's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart
My status